It's been a bit stressful here during this season of lasts.
This week started after a long, busy weekend. I spent last Friday in the ER with my dad. He remained in the hospital until this Friday. That was scary, still is scary. His health is fragile. Visiting was challenging given the schedule this week which went like this.
Monday: a bit of freedom, not sure what I even did, but I remember that I had to accomplish stuff that night.
Tuesday: Savannah had her senior awards night.
Wednesday: Savannah's youth group met for the last night. Parents were invited, and we had a special delivery to the house. Andy's DC group brought him a tree.
Thursday: Wyatt and Julia played their final band concert of the year, and it was awesome!!! I saw Dad that afternoon before heading home to get Wyatt, drive with Andy to school to pick Julia up from her cheer clinic, take them to eat, and then return for the concert.
Friday: Julia finished three days of cheer clinics/tryouts. Savannah went to prom, and Andy had his DC graduation. I secured a ride home from tryouts for Julia, went with Savannah to have her hair done and to take pictures of her before the dance then met Andy for the graduation/dinner.
I totally forgot that the coach was going to email the parents about cheer tryouts until I got a text from Julia during the dinner asking if she could have my email password so that she could see if she made the team. Of course I checked my email and forwarded it to her immediately. She made the team.
| That's a proud band teacher...so impressive what they bring out in these kids. |
After this week, I needed a break, so today, I saw the dentist, took Julia to tumbling and rested the rest of the day. I would say that next week will be easier. It should be, but I have a party to plan, so yeah.
I tell the kids every year to finish strong. This year I am really struggling to do that myself.

No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.