And this happened...
It was a nice ceremony aside from the fact that you cannot stop people in the audience from hooting and hollering even in a church sanctuary. I find it to be tacky and disrespectful to the class and certainly to the person whose name follows such debacle.
 |
| so many friends |
 |
| Following the distribution of diplomas, the school honors the families who have lost a parent and then sends the graduating class out to offer their moms roses. |
 |
| first kindergarten friend |
 |
| family from out of town |







 |
WooHoo!!
We ended the night with a dinner out, and then Savannah joined her friends at K's house. While she was there, her parked car was hit. We still have not had any contact from the person who hit her car, and I don't think she realizes that the car is not drivable. I fear it may be totaled, and that is a big deal. Savannah has saved money like crazy, originally saving for a car, but when she realized she could not get anything decent with the money she saved, it worked out that she took the car Zach bought a couple of years ago. Zach took Andy's car which he had already claimed anyway because he could not drive his own car - a clutch. Andy bought a more suitable vehicle for his needs at work, and Savannah continued to save -planning to use the money to make up the difference in housing money for school next year since she did not get the 2nd scholarship for which we had high hopes. Her car has a very small blue book value, but it was incredibly valuable as a source of independence and a means to get to work and school for her. I am now sharing my car with her, and that will certainly make summer more challenging. It also makes her ability to work as much as she wants/needs more of a challenge. Sometimes I look at Savannah and think she's got so much going for her, and she works very hard. She gets the breaks sometimes, but most of the time, she takes the hits. Life's like that. I am trying to trust that something really good for her will come of this. |
No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.