2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Teased

This picture was taken on Sunday, one day before February left and March walked in.  Julia was on her way to a pre-season swim clinic that will meet weekly almost up until the season actually starts.  She did not have a sweatshirt or a jacket with her.  She simply pulled sweats on over her suit, threw on flip flops and went on her way.  She left practice wrapped in a towel - in February.  It was a nice day.

It snowed today.  Nothing stuck, but we witnessed those big, pretty flakes coming down throughout the day.  This came four weeks after that insightful groundhog said we'd only have two more weeks of winter - yeah right.  It's funny to work in a high school when it snows a few days after a big warm tease.   One student commented that this must be a joke.  No joke, we've had snow in March before, but yes, that spring tease left us hungry for spring weather, flip flops, sandals, painted toenails and such :)



I can't complain.  This winter has been mild. I just got the energy bill for this month, and it is only $10 over budget.  It was $60 over last month, and that was rough, but last year, it was $150 over, and that was with the thermostat set on 65.  I'll take a mild winter.


This photo is just a random photo texted to me from Julia one afternoon when she was on her way home from school.  I'd say she's the family comedian, but she has some pretty funny competition among her siblings - especially the boys.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.