2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Just another conversation around our dinner table

We are trying to eat healthier.  Andy and I both like Mediterranean food in particular, and it tends to be healthy, so Andy bought the Daniel cookbook and has been trying various recipes from that.  He also likes Fabio's style quite a bit, so he works on choosing healthy recipes from Fabio or altering them with a healthier twist.  I have to say we are having some yummy meals around here.

On Thursday night, Andy made chicken saltimbocco, and it was really good.

Julia, however, has picked up some bad habits.  She was our best eater throughout preschool, usually willing to try new things.  However, her closest friends in elementary school were picky eaters, and Julia found that they got away with it, so she started doing it too. Now we fight her to try anything.

As a result we have returned to an old strategy of ours.  If she's willing to try everything at dinner, the family gets a pizza night on the weekend.

Julia put one bite of chicken saltimbocco on her plate.  She proceeded to shred it and take tiny bites of it.  It was so ridiculous to see her reaction.  At one point the conversation went like this:

Julia: This was cooked in wine?
Wyatt: Haven't you ever seen anyone cook with wine or beer? I once saw a chicken cooked with a beer can up it's butt!  Mmm, it was good.

We cracked up.  I stated that that was a FB post and repeated the conversation.  At that point Wyatt told me to get it right.  He said "mmm, it was good", not just "it was good." That boy cracks me up!

On the same night, he got a much overdue and needed haircut.  As I complimented him and told him to watch out for the girls in all of his cuteness, he just shrugged and stated, "I know."

As the evening proceeded, we witnessed Julia gagging on eggplant.  Really?!  Oh, the drama!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.