We started Easter early with the 8:00a.m. service as we wanted to hear our retired minister preach again. He retired 10 years ago, and the service was traditional with old hymns. I loved how Wyatt and Julia appreciated his humor. When he talked of how those closest to Christ did not initially recognize him resurrected, our minister quipped that he won't look the same in Heaven. He's in his seventies now and is height challenged. He envisions that his glorified body will be that of a 6'2 linebacker with a face similar to Brad Pitt's. That's just one example of the humor interjected into a terrific sermon where we were reminded just how unlikely it would be for the resurrection to be a lie. After seeing the church fill up, we opted to stay for the worship time in the next service and avoid the crazy parking lot.
Zach did not join us for church and slept in instead.
Around lunch time we launch the Easter basket treasure hunt.
Julia reads the first clue.
Andy checks out the fridge looking for a clue.
They are on a mission.
The baskets were found and sugar was here in abundance. We enjoyed a nice, traditional dinner and then John, Tessa, and their girls came over for dessert. Savannah planned that impromptu dessert gathering because she was so disappointed that we were not getting together with any extended family for Easter.
I had to get a picture of Julia's hair before she has at least four inches cut off. Though I have pushed her to do this, and she has finally seen that it is in her way for tumbling and swimming, it looked especially pretty for Easter - of course it did as we were one day away from that haircut. Even so, I would really like to see her take 10 inches off. She could donate it, and I think it would create more movement and frame her face better, but I don't think she will budge on the four inch plan.
He is risen, and that changes everything! Happy Easter!





No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.