2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Thursday, April 9, 2015

tbt

When we gathered for Easter, Dad insisted that I scan these photos from his first 18 months or so of marriage.




I know my mom smoked early on, but I don't remember her ever smoking, so she stopped before my memories started.  Her mother who is currently 98 years old smoked heavily for years.  I do remember that.


I wish my profile looked more like my mom's.  I have more a double chin and a crooked nose.



They apparently enjoyed a shaving cream fight on their honeymoon.

These are my cousins with my mom and their mom.  My dad and Edith were first cousins but grew up more like siblings.  



This is totally posed.  My dad never smoked and was never much of a drinker either.





My dad with his cousins.


Selfies before that was a thing.




This is my dad's side of the family with my mom.  His parents surround her.  His brother and aunt are on the right.

He better figure out how to hold a baby.  He has six more coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.