2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Friday, April 10, 2015

Spring Break 2015 - The college search


We started spring break with plans to visit a couple of colleges.  We learned after going through this process with Zach that starting early is vital.  Because I teach, taking days off for college visits is not optional, and yeah, I do get the irony in that statement.  Teaching is not always, in fact it often is not, a  family friendly job during the school year.

On the agenda were visits to Andy's alma mater and then mine.

We started on a rainy day with Andy's alma mater, and he was really selling it to Savannah and Zach. I was very impressed.  Savannah walked away from it with a very positive attitude toward this school.  Zach remained undecided, and Savannah's friend E was less than impressed.

We trudged through the rain for the tour, so we decided to forgo the bookstore for some memorabilia much to Andy's dismay.


school mascot

White squirrels are apparently very common on this campus.


We then visited my alma mater, and while it was never a competition, this tour was by far the best college tour I've experienced.  They really laid out how to get schooling covered financially and did a great job with the walking tour.  After this visit Savannah poured over the materials she received and explored her programs. Even Andy started pushing this school for her.

The library which was in the works when I was a co-ed is stunning.  I could explore that place for a while.  The dorms are brand new and beautiful. Who can say that about dorms? 

Julia stated more that midway through the 90+ minute walking tour that this is her dream school.  The college search for her may not be so hard.

In the end we decided to revisit my campus this summer so that we can discuss Savannah's options with the scholarship office.  The architecture on campus is beautiful, and Savannah was sorry she did not take a camera as she loves to draw beautiful buildings, so we will walk around campus at our leisure and take pictures.

We have much to consider in future schooling, but visiting campuses was a fun and rewarding part of our spring break.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.