2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Some Things Never Change -Celebrating Julia's birthday.

She thinks life is a party, and she's the guest of honor.  That is what I used to say about Julia when she first adjusted to family life.  In eight years with her, not much has changed.  Julia turns 9 (sniff, sniff) on Tuesday, and we have celebrated her birthday all weekend.  

We started with a small celebration on Saturday with Andy's mom.  Finding a date to get everyone together was tough, and we settled on today because otherwise Julia's birthday would be celebrated two weeks from now.  Even today was not ideal.  Andy's mom could not make it today, so she came yesterday with a special dessert and some fun gifts for Julia.

cookie cake with chocolate icing for our chocoholic



Julia loved the manicure set.
The party today was a bit bigger, but this is a family party year.  I only do friend parties every other year, and I will likely be kicking myself for that next year when Julia's birthday and Zach's graduation fall in the same month.

triple chocolate cake





Julia mostly asked for clothes this year.  She has never been much of a toy fan, and I have to admit that I really wished for some fun trinket.  She loved the dress that we let her open in front of her granny so that she could wear it to church today. Julia's list is usually produced well in advance of her birthday as she anticipates the big day with exuberance that sometimes we think she will spontaneously combust.  She usually asks for a number of big ticket items.  This year I laughed when I read her list, and she had written, "I would do almost anything for this- an ipod touch."  That was out of the budget, and she has asked for one for years now, so I guess we should start trying to find a way to save for it.

She asked for clothes, and the family delivered.

Ira had some fun with the hat Julia received for her birthday and this cap of Wyatt's.  He's so stinkin' cute!  How can I not take lots of pictures of him?

Our tradition of pictures with the family.








I have just two days left until my youngest is 9 years old.  Unbelievable!

We had a great time, and the fashionista has some new clothes.  She's so excited!

Who makes the orphan a son and daughter
The King of Glory, the King above all kings-lyrics from This is Amazing Grace 
Josh Farro, Phil Wickham, JeremyRiddle





No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.