One last look at the beach...
We walked to an ice cream shop. I should not have indulged myself on this one. The scoops were humongous.
Time to head home.
Within hours of arriving home, Andy, Zach, and Savannah loaded buses to join our church's high school trip to Bible and Beach. I stayed to try and recover my house from the messiness left from a chaotic week prior to vacation and all the unpacking that brings more messes. Sigh.
Through Savannah's texts, I am learning that she is not having a fantastic time. Pray for her as she worked hard to earn the money for this trip, and it is her first impression of Bible and Beach. This trip should be fabulous. She is a sharp girl and has reviewed her Bible after the teaching when she suspected that one of the teachers was incorrect. She could not find evidence to support what the teacher said. This is such a good reminder to her and to me that we are not to rely on teachers for God's word. We should always be checking what they say in scripture. I reminded her of this and also reminded her to have some grace in this area as the mistake is not a point of salvation but a relatively minor error.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.