2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Saturday, November 17, 2012

The Wedding!

After a whirlwind couple of days, we finally reached the point of relaxing and enjoying a very special wedding.  Our preparation in this household took almost the whole week.  Savannah needed a pedicure (Tuesday appointment) and a manicure (Thursday appointment).  Savannah loved her first ever manicure and pedicure, and her nails looked fantastic! Last minute purchases had to be made, and I worked full time.  My house is destroyed, and we have to have it ready to host Thanksgiving on Friday...painting a room included in the prep.  I may sleep again in January.

The wedding was further from home than I realized, so we were late to the rehearsal.  Savannah's hair appointment (at our house with Aunt Tiffany) ran late on Friday, and we missed the start time for pre-wedding pictures. It was incredibly stressful, and I was not even the bride.

The bride, Tessa, planned the entire event almost completely solo.  She had some glitches as all brides do, such as having the caterer cancel on her the week before the wedding and learning just a couple of weeks before the wedding that dancing would not be allowed at the reception.  Tessa is so laid back.  She took it all in stride and pulled off a beautiful night.  

I did not take as many pictures as usual. Of course I am kicking myself for that today, but I was very distracted with details.  


Tessa and John just an  hour or two before they became man and wife

Savannah - maid of honor




Keeping a toddler occupied and happy...big job.  Andy helps with a mini drum lesson.

The beautiful and yummy cake.

groom's cake

Yes, I did only take a picture of two of my kids, and that is all.

Tiffany and her boys

Tara

getting ready to cut the cake

Savannah's hair looked so great that we were reluctant to pull it down.  She only required eight bobby pins to hold it in place.  That's a record!  Usually, it takes 30 or 40.

We had a great time and gained a brother-in-law.  Good times!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.