2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Thursday, August 16, 2012

3 out of 4 are back to school

School started yesterday for three of our four kids.  Wyatt has been hanging out at Granpa's since I am back at work, and my sitters are back at school.  He will start school next week.  I can think of only one other time that I got to be home to see the kids off to school on the first day, so I treasured today.  I won't have this option with Wyatt.  They were excited about starting the year, not so much about the mamarazzi - and it shows.
Savannah has the big start this year as she is a freshman in high school. She had a great day and was thrilled to find several friends in most of her classes.  
Julia started third grade.  Her teacher called during the day and left a message stating that Julia was having a great day but was quiet.  Julia came home with a very cute homework assignment where she filled in a huge sheet with a picture of overalls on it.  Everything on the overalls were to be about her.  She was so excited to do the work but melted down on the section where she talked about what she wants to do when she grows up.  She messed up on writing that she wants to be an Olympic gymnast and fell apart over it.  She eventually changed it to "be an author."  Wow!

Julia turned the camera on me.  Do I really look like this?  Yikes!

Zach started his junior year and apparently played class clown all day...way to make a first impression on new teachers Zach!  NOT!

We sure missed Wyatt for this picture.  He is really jealous of the three who attend CAL.  Getting his teacher letter was a disappointment this year as he really hoped that he would not be returning to his current school.  Andy has taken off work tomorrow because things are so crazy this week.  He plans to have a special day with Wyatt, and Wyatt is beaming.  Hopefully, we can redeem this school/friend situation with some special time with him and scouts which I am making him do this year.
Hopefully, Wyatt's start to school will be as good as it was for his siblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.