2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Happy Birthday, Zach!

I have so much to post, but I have to edit some pictures first.  Today, I am stopping to wish my Zach a happy birthday. Fifteen years ago (really just the blink of an eye), I held my firstborn for the first time.  Now, he won't even let me hug him, but I did get a slight hug today.  He weighed 7.5 pounds at birth, but now he can bench press his mom and then some.  He is all teenage boy as his birthday gifts included a much desired leather jacket (thanks to the grandparents, aunts and uncles who pooled their resources for that), a pair of jeans, and an amp for his bass guitar.  He loves his jacket and jeans and has not taken them off...so cute!

This weekend has been insane.  Mom was admitted to the hospital on Friday and is still there. They will be removing the fluid from her lungs tomorrow. Baby Regan was dedicated at church on Friday night, and after the service, we took our little people and Savannah to a Halloween celebration at the zoo.  Today, we took a much anticipated trip to the local pumpkin patch.  That proved to be a disappointment as it was too hot and too crowded to really enjoy what we had hoped would be a quality day with the family. We then gathered as much of the family as we could at our house to celebrate Zach's birthday.  Unfortunately, EMS transported my brother to the hospital just before our celebration started.  He has type 1 diabetes, and his blood sugar dropped too low for him to swallow. The paramedics were not satisfied when they got his blood sugar up to 200, and he was still unresponsive. I hope he is okay but must admit that the slow response is not unusual for him.  I think he will be fine. Whew!  What a whirlwind!

1 comment:

  1. happy happy belated bday to another terrific 15 yr old! :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.