2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Friday, September 24, 2010

spilling the beans

Do you remember this post?  You know, the looooong post that opened this year reviewing our holidays and expressing our hopes for the new year....
http://lifewiththepages.blogspot.com/2010/01/ringing-in-2010.html

Well, this is the year in review at this point in September:
My mom's cancer turned out to be pancreatic cancer, and we have been through a series of highs and lows regarding this diagnosis.  As I type she is still struggling and believes that she may not be able to tolerate her newest chemo.  This stinks!

In May we learned that our tuition bill for the coming school year would increase by more than $4000.00, so I took a second job to try and hang on to Christian education for the kids.

In August I returned my full-time job, and I distinctly remember starting the year thinking about how much I love this job.  I love the people, the climate, and the traditions.  I love it! This is my 17th year in the building and my 12th year in my current position.  Guess what I learned this week. I have a 30-50% chance of losing this position.  If I keep the position, it will never be the same again.  This is the other stuff I referred to in my post about being discouraged. 

Of course there have been highs this year.  Vacation comes to mind.  Our kids are healthy, and we just started having small, youth group meetings in our home a couple of weeks ago.  It just seems that the hits keep coming, and I am reaching the whatever stage as my life seems to be crumbling. 



To end on a high note, today Savannah played her last field hockey game of the season prior to the tournament which starts next week.  We could see the rain coming over the football field before it made its way to the field hockey field, and as it moved past us, a double rainbow appeared briefly over the school. I didn't get the second rainbow, which disappeared quickly, in the photo, but Savannah's team went on to win their first game of the season!

...and another high note -Zach played in the varsity game tonight! SWEET!

1 comment:

  1. i love the rainbow pic. hang onto that when times get tough. and btw, i know it feels when the less than wonderful stuff just keeps coming. it really does stink. :O

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.