2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Friday, May 14, 2010

the graduate

Julia came home very excited on Wednesday. She received her cap and gown along with the tassel for her cap at school that day.  Julia wanted to pull it all out and show it to me as we walked from the school building to the car. She noted that it looked just like Junie B. Jones' to which I reminded her that we do not want purple spots on her cap and gown like Junie B. Jones had.  

Julia expressed some confusion because Ms. Cheser told the class to wear nice church clothes on graduation day.  Julia did not understand why they needed to wear church clothes when they had the gown, so I explained that the church clothes go under the gown.  With thirteen days to go until graduation, Julia went home that afternoon and laid out her church clothes and couldn't wait to show Andy her cap and gown. 

I can't believe that five years have passed so quickly.  I could just cry thinking about that spunky, silly, sweet girl processing into the school gym for that ceremony.  It will be sadder still if that is the last event we get to enjoy in that school gym where teachers are more like family and the families have become dear friends, but I am more and more okay with our other school options.

1 comment:

  1. never give up darling! ;) but its good you are open to other options too. sometimes, well, we just have to be. ;O

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.