2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

He loves me!

    This is the first of several posts that will include an individual post for each of my four kids.  Today it is Wyatt's turn, and I just want to share some of the cute, funny, and loving things he has done in the past few weeks.


  • Wyatt drew me a picture of a flower and wrote the words "Happy Mom Day" on it. He did this on his Leapster, or I would share it here.  He informed me that he does not know how to spell "mother."  We are fasting from TV and computer and video games this week, but I am allowing the Leapster because the games are educational.

  • Last Tuesday Wyatt had a baseball game and really wanted me to be there.  Julia has gymnastics on Tuesday, and she has to be there before Andy gets off work, so I told Wyatt that I had to take Julia to gymnastics. "Can't you just drop her off?" he asked.  I told him I could, but she doesn't like that and reminded him that Daddy would like to see him play ball. We finally agreed that I would show up late to the game after gymnastics ended.  Wyatt told Andy that he could go home when I got there.  Andy said, "Don't you want me to see your game?"  Wyatt responded with, "I just want you to relax." 

  • Julia smarted off to me in the car one day, and Wyatt scolded her with "You don't talk to Mom that way!"

  • Wyatt met me at the door last night to tell me that he would be getting me a cross necklace that I have been admiring for Mother's Day.  I later learned that Andy asked the kids what they wanted to get me for Mother's Day, and Wyatt told them that he could not tell anyone for fear they would tell me.  Andy let him know that he would probably need help getting the gift and that he should let Andy know what he wanted to do, so Wyatt mentioned the necklace, and Julia remembered it and agreed that it would make a good gift.  I guess Wyatt feared someone else would get credit for it, so he had to tell me about it as soon as I walked in the door.

  • Wyatt is playing baseball.  He has wanted to play for a year and absolutely loves it.  I will post more baseball pictures as soon as I can.  The first game was held on a rainy day, and I was afraid to take my camera...turns out it would have been a perfect day for pictures.  I only had the spare camera for the second game, and the sun made it impossible to see the screen, but I am determined.  I will have some good pictures, I will!
One last note on Wyatt.  I mentioned to Andy all these things that Wyatt has done lately, and he responded by stating, "I think he waited his whole life for a mom, and he is loving it now."  awwww-too many others are waiting their whole lives for a mom, pray for them!
Last but not least, I want to finish this post with the latest news on my mom.  She sees the surgeon tomorrow (Wednesday, May 5th). Please pray for good news!  Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. ok, andy's statement was absolutely incredible. love these adopted kiddos of ours. they're THE BEST!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.