Has anyone closed an estate before? I have submitted the final form, receipts and all the details to the probate court? What happens next? Do I go to court to be relieved of my duties as executrix, or will I simply receive the court order in the mail? How long does it take? Is there a waiting period for the heirs to contest my work if they choose? If you know, please tell me.
It has been an emotionally, mentally and physically tiring process. Relationships have been severed, and that court order closing the probate and ending this process will be welcome.
P.S. So this did not close the probate...I did additional paperwork and took a trip to the probate office, and now I wait for notification that all is finished.
11/24/2019 update - yesterday marked the third anniversary of my dad's home going. On Thursday (the 21st) this week, I retrieved the mail after spending four hours in the ER (long story for another day) and held the motion to close the probate in my hands. It is finished.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.