2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

God Bless America!

Happy birthday to the land that I love!  Yes, we have some family problems right now, but we have persevered through family problems before.  We need to work on unity because united we stand.  Hopefully, we can let God lead and learn to love and encourage each other.  We still have much to celebrate, so we did just that!

On Monday the 3rd, we enjoyed a terrific neighborhood celebration with a live band and a fireworks show.  We met up with friends and had such a nice night.  Julia and I did this for the first time last year.  Andy joined us this year, and I think we now have a new tradition.




On Tuesday John and Tessa graciously hosted a family celebration.  The kids did a little swimming and enjoyed sparklers and fireworks.   I was once again impressed by the big cousins.  As kids will do, they decided to get the pool water moving in a circle.  That was sometimes overwhelming for the little ones, so the big kids (really young adults actually) just scooped up the little kids and carried them.  Reagan just learned to swim, and the water was over her head.  When she lost confidence and struggled, they scooped her up without making her feel like she failed.  So precious!





I came at Kallie with the camera, and this is what she did.  What a ham!


When this guy arrived, the first thing he did was climb up on my lap.  We had this conversation.
Isaac: I am a chameleon
Me: Does that mean you are going to become the same color as me, and nobody will see you?
Isaac: Yes

Who knows where kids get this stuff?  Funnier still is that Isaac usually has little to do with me.




We probably should not have put sparklers in the hands of such little people, but I promise they were heavily supervised.  We always keep a cup of water for the sticks, and everyone watches the kids to take the hot sticks from them when they burn out to make sure they are properly disposed of.  The grass was wet, and if one of the kids got scared, they simply dropped the sparkler out in front of them, and an adult picked it up to dispose of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.