Grr...
This promised to be a very nice summer when it started, most notably because it is longer than usual. Our district has pushed back the beginning of the 2017-2018 school year by a week, and this year left us without the usual pile of weather days to make up at the end of the year.
Thus far it has been crazy busy, and that busy has been complicated by a vehicle repair, a home air conditioner repair, and a lock repair. Just yesterday, a locksmith rekeyed our entire house because we could not open our front door from the outside, even with a key, when it was locked. This is normally something we would fix ourselves, but the combination of Andy's work schedule and the fact that our deadbolts had been challenging for 10 years, and we could not fix them ourselves was enough for me to hire a professional to just fix it all and do it right.
After the previously mentioned situations, I was hopeful that life would resume minus repairs. However, the day after receiving our vehicle back, the check engine light came on. I suspect I know what that is, and it is a $1500 repair. It won't hurt the vehicle, so I will check on it but probably leave it. You can imagine my frustration this morning when my day started with a not so warm shower. Andy turned up the water heater, but I am hesitant to hold out any hope that this will fix the problem. Grr.
On a brighter fixit note, Julia received individual instruction this past week on her swim starts and turns. After a not so great start to the season, she really rocked her meet last night taking 2nd in back stroke and fourth in butterfly. She's reached a difficult stage of swimming. Since Julia is only a summer swimmer, the year-round swimmers have a distinct edge on her. I was so proud of her for doing so well last night against an impressive team.
Today it's back to professional development for me. I have completed nine hours this summer, and today I will tackle three more - they might start today but have to be finished by the end of the month, so they may not get completed today. PD is another thing I am ready to put behind me, but the reality is that it is peppered throughout the entire summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.