Saturday:
Logan graduated high school -the fourth and final of the four original cousins on my side of the family. They grew up together.
| the original four |
All the cousins together. I love how Ira looks like a politician ;)
celebrating with a Mexican meal after the ceremony
I love this picture of the first six.
going back a few years -Zach class of 2014
Austin and Savannah -Class of 2016
It was not lost on us that Logan graduated on the sixth anniversary of losing his dad.
Logan - Class of 2017
Sunday:
We gathered at Tessa's and John's new house. It's really cute. They opened their pool, and some of the kids had fun with that.
We all got a kick out of Logan and Julia who spent the entire time sharing this float. These two are the family comedians of their generation. Their antics are always fun. It's surprising that I didn't get the smiles on their faces - goofy kids.
In case you are curious, Tiffany and Jonathan are the comedians of my generation.
Gotta love a great smile.
It was too cold for Kallie. She wasn't alone. Both Austin and Savannah changed into their suits and then changed their minds about the cold, cold pool.
The older grandkids are so good with the little ones. I observed Austin pulling Isaac off of a railing with a pretty steep drop before I could even open my mouth to alert the kids to stop him at Logan's graduation. They watch out for the kids and let the kids climb all over them.
Kinsley could not get enough of it.
Walking "sideways" because it's a "sidewalk" - Ira's idea
As you can see the big kids humored him.
We also took the opportunity to celebrate this girl's birthday since we were all together. In less than a week, I will be mom to three teenagers. Her dessert of choice was fudge - of course.
I couldn't help but think of how much Mom and Dad would have loved to sit poolside and enjoy having all of their grandchildren hanging out together.
Monday:
Tessa and I met at the cemetery to visit the gravesite of Mom and Dad. The stone has been corrected. Had we known that there would be a service, we might have opted to attend. Neither of us was dressed for it, so we snapped a few pictures and then left.
But we all leave the world with our story incomplete, our love and work unfinished. We can only hope that what we leave behind will give those who come after us a way to perceive or guess, each in their own mind, the shape of the tale that might have been told. ---J.R.R. Tolkien


No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.