2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Saturday, May 6, 2017

One year ago today

One year ago today was a local holiday.  It was also the day that Dad landed in the hospital with a heart attack.  I believe that was the day his heart weakened to the point of no return.  I spent that day with him until I had to pick my kids up from school.  It was just before I had to leave that he learned they would be admitting him.

Dad asked everyone who entered his room all about themselves.  He knew the tech who came to read his pacemaker had attended college on a scholarship from Northwestern.  The nurses always liked him.

That local holiday occurred yesterday, and yesterday I moved Savannah out of the dorm.  While in her college town, I also stopped by a congressman's office to retrieve Dad's amended DD214 and his replacement medals.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.