2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Monday, November 28, 2016

Quiet

The blog will likely go quiet for a few days as we continue to process all that my dad meant to us, but today I just want to share this email that I just sent to the minister doing Dad's service.

Thanks so much for doing this service.  I thought I would share some things that people have said about my dad.

My maternal grandmother said there was nothing he didn't think a new Barbie could cure (raised four girls).

My paternal grandfather said you could not send him to buy a car as he would end up paying full retail or more which is funny considering how cheap he could be (we all laugh about how he tried to bury my grandmother (his mom) in a Pepto Bismal pink, plastic coffin because it was the cheapest). My cousin Susie steered him clear of that potential tacky debacle.

My paternal grandfather also said my dad could never be a salesman as he would talk the buyer out of purchasing anything by sharing every negative about the product.

My cousin Lauren just shared on FB that she once got into a political debate with him (she's a bleeding heart liberal, and he was a conservative).  Afterward, her dad (Dad's brother Eddie) told her to never get in a a political argument with Dad because it was a "no win situation."   She remembers that even as they debated they laughed with each other.

Someone told him when he was a young man that he was smart enough to do anything he wanted but that his speech would keep him from doing anything he wanted.  He spoke with some grammatical issues.  As much as he loved numbers, he was awful at spelling.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.