2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Feeling Inspired

A friend recently asked me to a home sales party. I did not go but decided to check out the catalog to see if I could help my friend out with her party.  Little did I know that I would be completely inspired by the company.  They have beautiful products including jewelry, scarves, purses, and stationary...all favorite pick me ups for me.

The company itself inspired me even more.  This company is all about empowering women from those who sell the products to the artists who make them.  The artisans are mostly women living in societies where they are marginalized.  The catalog descriptions for the various items all include the back story.  There are the Cambodian women who have been victims of having acid attacks leaving them disfigured and without hope of acceptance in their culture.  There are the women who just want to be able to send their children to school and/or to feed their children.  They are being empowered to learn a trade that enables them to make a living.  While I love the idea of donating to such causes, the products are so pretty that to be able to wear and share them offers even more opportunity for women both here and abroad to earn an income that helps their families.

I love the FAQ section of the site where the founders of the company say that Christ calls us to love the widows and orphans. He does not say love just the widows and orphans who are Christians - He simply commands us to take care of the widows and orphans.  This company is doing that.  I feel inspired enough that I might consider a Christmas party as there are great Christmas gift options.  I may even consider becoming a consultant.  Whether I do either or not, some of these pieces will for sure be on my Christmas wish list, and I want to share this business with other women who may want to make a difference while also getting a piece of fun for themselves or the other lovely women in their lives.

Check it out: My Trades of Hope

I ordered a necklace and earring set, and I will update this post in a week or so when I receive it to comment on the quality.


As promised, here is a pic.  I am pleased with my purchase.  It is lightweight which is a big deal to me as I can't wear anything heavy around my neck, and I do not like heavy earrings.  The earrings don't show up well in the photo, but they consist of medallions matching those on the necklace dangling from french hooks.  I do like the combination of metals of different colors that can be worn with many things.
This photo shows some of the detail.  These medallions clearly took some time to produce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.