2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Congratulations, Austin!


My nephew graduated from high school yesterday!  He had over 300 students in his class, and it was the fastest graduation I have ever attended... just over one hour.  There were two speeches that were about 3 minutes each.  The principal said that he would like to tell everyone to be quiet, but he knows that does not work, so he told everyone to just go ahead and celebrate, and people didn't carry on like their graduate just won a national championship in some sport.  We did have some great people watching though.  Some of the graduates got up and moved during the ceremony to sit with and talk to friends. People walked over and talked to their graduates and snapped pictures.  People chatted through the whole thing.  It was interesting, but it was okay too.  They made sure every name was heard.  

the two graduates

the original four cousins in birth order

trying to get a smile...if it's going to happen, Jonathan can do it






I am not. I repeat- I am not shorter than Savannah.  Her heels are higher, and we were standing on a ramp.  

proud momma

How do you get a smile from this guy?  You tell him that you will not stop taking pictures until he smiles, and you keep snapping.

Hanging out after graduation at a great, local seafood restaurant.  It's a must if you are ever visiting our town.  It's only open in the summer. 

In spite of Dad's trip to the hospital, I think we had an enjoyable day and honored Austin appropriately.  The truth is, he did not want to participate in his graduation.  His mom made him, and he stayed up until 5:00a.m. the night before.  Teenage boys - shaking my head.

His brother graduates from the same school next year ---looking forward to more people watching, and Tiffany is taking a cow bell.  Wow, just wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.