Today I took Wyatt and four of his friends to see the new Star Wars. We enjoyed pizza before we left and a DQ cake when we returned. I try to do a simple 13th birthday friend party for the kids. Instead of gifts I usually ask the guests to write out a funny memory or why this friendship is special to them for a scrapbook. With Zach and Savannah, I just had their friends bring these but found that sometimes it did not work so well to put in a scrapbook, so I gave Wyatt's friends the option of doing it here. One boy brought his prewritten, and the rest refused to do it. sigh
I got a better picture of the cake, but my camera memory card is corrupted, and I can't retrieve it. another sigh
They were loud and had a good time, and I was grateful it wasn't a sleepover. I was completely on my own hosting this due to Andy's work schedule.
As for Star Wars, I won't spoil it if you haven't seen it. I will only say that if you liked episode IV which was the first one released (and the first movie I remember seeing in the theater), this one is comparable with many parallels to that plot. I will add that after the prequels were released, and I did not care for them, I had no intention of seeing this one. However, when I saw that Han Solo was back, that was a game changer for me. I am glad I saw it and would even consider seeing it again. We chose not to go 3D this time because Wyatt is not crazy about 3D, and I can't afford to pay for six 3D tickets.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.