For the last couple of years, I have waited until the January clearance sale and purchased year-in-review ornaments from Personalization Mall. This year, inspired by a gift I received from student last year, I made the ornament above. It took about 10 minutes and cost less than a dollar.
How to:
- Purchase clear ornaments from the craft store.
- Type or write your memories on strips of paper and slide them into the ornament. I curled mine first but would not do that again. I think it makes them hard to read. Replace the top of the ornament.
- Decorate the outside with glitter glue pens. I put the year on this one, and in the future, I will use a paint pen instead of a glitter glue pen for that.
- I hung it from a handle on a kitchen cabinet to dry overnight.
So many ideas for these...
I am purchasing two copies of A Christmas Carol and will cut out quotes from them to make ornaments for the teacher librarians who work with us daily at school.
I suggested doing one for a gift exchange for Julia's cheer team. We could use the cheers they chant for the strips of paper and even note their third place finish in their only competition. We could decorate with school colors on the outside - also a great idea for a coach.
I could do these for each child counting blessings or noting what was important to them this year.

No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.