2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Monday, October 12, 2015

1st World Mom Problems

Is it too much to ask to get four kids who are all at least a decade old to allow their mom to get a decent picture?  I would love a special, hang on the wall, love it, treasure of the four of them.  However, our only opportunity to take pictures is on Sunday afternoon - the only time the four of them are all free at once which is why I did not hire a pro.  I don't want to take a Sunday away from anyone.

I warned them a week in advance.  We face a deadline on Savannah's senior ad soon, and I want one good picture of the four of them for the ad. I searched through our pictures and found some oldies but goodies.  However, I really want this particular picture to look like they do now - Julia minus the glasses especially.  So, I coordinated clothes for them that weren't too matchy matchy.  A great coupon, a little borrowing amongst the family, and we got that together.  I hurried them along, and off we started on a journey to some great shots, at least I hoped and prayed.

1st problem: a bike race - I failed to check the course of this big event in town, and yeah, our first choice photo location was off limits.  Not only that I had to drive miles and miles out of my way to choose a different path - ugh.
2nd problem: a meltdown - tired from a sleepover, one child complained of illness - there were tears and some sleeping during the drive - oh great, can we say red eyes?
3rd problem - a nose bleed from one child as we journeyed on - really?  
4th problem - 2nd choice location was windy, so we had to adjust and re-adjust


My goal - classy, candid, pictures to capture the personality of the family and each individual kid.

Did I succeed?  These will suffice.  I still wish I could have a pro get a good group shot.

What I love - I felt like this is the best I've done with coordinating the clothes- simple without making them look like I am trying to turn them into quadruplets.  The colors are rich.

What I don't love - the lighting.  Some are too dark. Zach's need of a haircut.  He will only let my sister cut his hair, so I am out of luck on keeping that neat and trim.

Why did I choose to share these?  I will share in the notes after each picture.


They look like they like each other, and nobody has a grimace.

I love Wyatt's smile in this one, and everybody else looks pretty good.

rich color, interesting lighting

nice expressions, cool lighting

nicely posed, close together


I love pictures of people laughing! - love them!  By Savannah's choice this is the one going in her ad. I am a little concerned that Julia looks like her nose is missing, but Savannah insists that nobody will notice.

I love how everyone looks in this photo.  I just wish Savannah was looking up. This is my first choice for the ad because I love all of their expressions.  I know Savannah is looking down, but the page is full of beautiful photographs taken of her over the years, and I think this captures their personalities both as individuals and in relation to each other.

I love that Savannah and Wyatt are holding hands.

candid



more laughter

maybe the best shot all day


I have already forgotten what made them laugh. I think I might still want a pro to capture them together and get individual pictures of Wyatt and Julia.

Remember that clicking on the pictures allows you to see them bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.