2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

All grown up---almost

Almost exactly one month after his hire date, Zach got his first paycheck today.  He grossed $169.62, and his net pay was $133.75 for 23.4 hours of work.   I just had to put that down for posterity in the family scrapbook.  I will not make it a regular habit to announce Zach's pay. The first check is just special. Zach did have $20 pulled from his check to cover his uniform, so his taxes were not so deep. We drove straight to the bank where he opened his first checking account complete with an ATM card that will be in his possession within two weeks.  I have a feeling that there is lots of coaching to come on managing a checking account.  While waiting in the bank, we discussed long-term savings and tithing as I hope to start him on the right path from the beginning.  

The best news of the day is that the owner was in the store when Zach picked up his check. He told Zach that he is hearing lots of good things about him and that he will increase Zach's hours on the next schedule in anticipation of Zach's upcoming Bible and Beach trip. I am so proud of Zach.  He worked hard to get this job as he had to memorize the menu to be hired.  Zach loves his job.  Sweet!

In other Zach news, I returned from running all day to find that Julia was wearing her new pearl earrings. I praised her for changing them by herself when she revealed that Zach did it for her.  He is crazy about her.  Believe me when I say that if it he had done this for anyone else, it would be EPIC!  For the record, Zach has no piercings, and I do not anticipate that he will go that route.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.