2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Spring Break Fun

Our spring break has been a blast so far.  We started with a game night on Monday night with some great families.  We've done this with them three times now, and it is always a blast.  


On Tuesday, we headed out of town to visit a fantastic zoo.  We met up with a family that we traveled to China with on our trip to adopt Julia.  Julia and Ellie were adopted on the same day, and they hit it off very well.  Andy and I really enjoyed reconnecting with Lou.


Julia was our photographer, and I have worked on editing some of the many, many pictures this morning. Unfortunately, none of my edits saved...ugh.


We had a terrific time, and even the big kids want to return to this beautiful zoo.






petting an American alligator

The cougars were super-cool.  We happened upon them while the trainers were working with them, and they were really fun.




I couldn't believe Julia got such a great shot of this beautiful owl.




The carousel made Delilah happy.

Ellianna and Julia really hit it off.

Savannah has always liked the polar bears.


adopted on the same day and fast friends




Zach loved, loved, loved cheetahs when he was little.  His kindergarten teacher called him Cheetah-boy.  Unfortunately, the cheetah exhibit was closed for the season.  I do think we will return in the summer because this looks like an exhibit worth seeing.


Is the zoo the only place to get a good picture of my four kids?

The weather was just right for this visit.  It was cool but not cold enough to be miserable, and the cool temperature meant we saw active and happy animals.  A great but tiring day overall!







No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.