2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

Easter brought us beautiful weather.  We started the day with the scavenger hunt for the baskets, followed by breakfast.  We attended church together earlier this weekend and had a great Easter service with a wonderful reminder that all things will be new one day. Cancer, financial stress, suffering will all be gone.  It was a timely service, as a family we do not know but who is a part of our school community, suffered unbearable loss today when their only child died after complications from injuries sustained in a car wreck last week.  Even as we celebrated the resurrection, my heart held a heaviness for them all day long.  

Andy and I worked the church nursery and had a rather unusual end to our shift when the fire alarm went off just as the last of the children were being picked up.  Apparently, a naughty little one pulled the alarm.  Lovely.

We ended the day at Dad's with a feast, egg hunt, and egg coloring. Oh yeah, we put up a tent in the front yard too.  Yep, you read that right.  My dad's latest way of having fun is buying tents so that we can camp in a nearby city and enjoy their attractions.  We had to put up the tent to time our efforts.  Let the camping begin!  
a clue on the shadow box of family memorials

reading clues...We used the same clues as last year, and Zach and Savannah remember them, so we will have to get it together and do new clues next year.

the destination

couldn't miss this picture...Julia had to have UK Wildcats edition of  Sports Illustrated

egg hunt


so fun to have a toddler in the family

Regan will be sharing the attention come May 24th when her little brother arrives.  Yes, it is scheduled, so we know the date, and it happens to be a special date for us as this is Wyatt's referral date as well.


coloring eggs, she worked hard to avoid the camera all day





We are now officially on spring break.  While we don't have any big plans, this break is much needed.  I am worn out and almost didn't think I would make it, and maybe I didn't on some level.  Just a week and a half ago, I had to take a sick day to be home with Julia, and I slept that day, a lot and really needed it.

Wyatt has already started begging for daily play dates.  Zach is disappointed that he is stuck here while his friends visit the beaches, but I am ready to do some spring cleaning, have a little fun, and get a lot of rest.  We'll see what shakes down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.