2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Deck the halls...

Our normal tradition is to decorate the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Sometimes I will set the tree up and put on the lights a day early because that takes so long.  This year, however, we had to change our normal routine because I work an eight hour shift tomorrow starting at 2:00 p.m.  That's retail for you. 

We enjoyed Thanksgiving, ate too much and loved the time with family, but we missed Pam, Mike, Page, and Mitchell :(.  Today, I worked this morning, napped and then took Savannah out for a couple of hours of shopping.  We finished the evening with trimming the tree.  Another difference this year is that we moved the tree from our usual location to the family room.  Shiloh has only limited and highly supervised access to this room, and since she is a destructive pooch, we thought this a better solution than our normal location where she has mostly unlimited access.  It also allows our tree to be visible from the road which I think is way cool.  Julia does have concerns about how Santa will manage stockings hanging from the chimney in one room and a tree in another. When I told her that Santa has been here before, and he will manage, she responded with, "he doesn't live here, you know."  Well....


 This is Zach's idea of helping. 
We will go to bed tonight without finishing putting the ornaments on the tree, but it is getting there.  Another break in tradition is the fact that Andy was not sent out to buy more lights.  All the lights from last year worked, and he had already stocked four boxes just in case....hmmm, it is our eighteenth year of marriage, and I can't remember another year where this happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.