2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Sunday, March 7, 2010

It happened this week - Wyatt brought home the assignment that freaks out most adoptive parents..

I, however, would not be intimidated by this assignment. If you followed our journey, then you know that I claimed Galatians 5:29 over Wyatt...If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. I explained in my letter to Wyatt on his website that this verse is an encouragement for him to embrace his heritage: both his Chinese and American heritage.

Therefore, when I read the assignment and learned we were to do a timeline of Wyatt's life with a significant event from each year, I was ready to meet that challenge head on. Sure, we have five full years of unknowns, but with a little creativity, Wyatt does not have to be set apart from his classmates.We were blessed to bring Wyatt home from an orphanage where his picture was taken regularly. We have over 250 pictures depicting Wyatt's life in China. We are still working on the translations that go with the pictures, but this gives us a start. Wyatt loves to see himself in pictures and to have those pictures in his hands, so we bordered his poster with pictures of his life in China and in America. Some events in our family impacted Wyatt whether or not he realizes it, so I listed those events regardless of his awareness of them. Honestly, what seven year old remembers all the significant events of his life?
2002 - Wyatt is born in Hefei, Anhui, China and named Lu Han Jun
2003 - since Wyatt was born so late in 2002, I skipped this year on the timeline
2004- Our family started pursuing our first adoption, and our daughter was born in China. Why is this significant in Wyatt's life? Obviously, he got a sister and best friend out of the deal, but I am also convinced that his adoption would have never happened without Julia's. Her adoption paved our path to Wyatt.
2005- Our adoption of Julia was completed.
2006-Wyatt moved to the Sunbeam Village. He attended preschool in China.
2007- We saw Wyatt's picture for the first time. The wheels were turning toward a family for this precious little guy.
2008 -What a year! I couldn't fit it all on the poster, so I left it with our travel to China and that Wyatt became a citizen of America this year.
2009 - Wyatt's family brought home a puppy.
Yep, his poster is a little bit of the HUGE and the small that makes a life.

2 comments:

  1. you're amazing lady! :)kudos to you for one terrific lifeline poster. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.