2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Sunday, January 31, 2010

winter sports update

We have been quite busy this January. Of course, we are still facing the ups and downs of my mom's cancer diagnosis. At this point she is ready to start chemo this week. After four rounds of chemo, she will have scans again, and if the tumor has not grown, she will get to have surgery. We are only asking for prayer at this point and would love, love, love to see a miracle.

Julia and I enjoyed her first sleepover with her AHG troop. We had a good time, and the little girls were put to bed at 10:30, so I almost got a decent night of sleep. She has also been playing basketball, and you might just recognize her head coach. I have only seen one game, but she has scored in her last two games.
Because Andy is coaching basketball, I get to watch wrestling just about every Saturday. Zach is doing quite well, and as you can see when Wyatt comes along, the big boys get to play with Bakugan. Zach's friend Jesse is the funniest. At one point I turned around to find that he was listening to a story on Wyatt's Leapster Tag.

This is a picture of Zach's last round at the district tournament.


and it is a pin!! Zach takes the district title!






His team took second place and was awarded this trophy.


So we were off to regionals where Zach took 2nd place and then to the state duals which were yesterday. Zach pinned all three of his opponents yesterday, and I have it all on video, but I did not have the camera because...


...Julia had her first gymnastics meet, so Andy had the camera. Check out that hairdo. It is proof positive that Andy is a man (lol).




Julia got an 8.8 on the floor and 9s on the vault, beam, and bars. She probably would have done better on the floor routine if she had more time to learn it. Unfortunately, Julia missed one of her last practices because she has spent just about the entire month of January battling strep. Julia saw two rounds of antibiotics and has to return to the pediatrician tomorrow to make sure it is gone.



Julia walked away with four ribbons, a trophy and a really cool jersey style t-shirt, but best of all, she had a great time.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.