2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Friday, January 8, 2010

I can't help myself

Disclaimer: You know that we love the Chinese people.

I did not originally intend to post this as I was afraid that it would be taken as racist. However, since this is the family scrapbook, I cannot help myself.

Julia told me last night that she wanted to pray for me. I agreed to let her do so. For the record her prayer was very general, but I love to listen to Julia pray because she is thankful and expresses her hopes not as requests but as hopes. Her hopes are for safety and for good days usually. Anyway, when she finished her prayer, she stated that she wanted me to pray for her.

During my prayer, I requested that Julia's birth parents come to know Jesus and that Julia can meet them and know them in Heaven. When I finished praying, Julia asked who her China parents are. I responded that I have no idea. At this point Julia scrunched up her face and asked, "Are they Fun Kung?" I could not contain my laughter, so she continued by asking, "Is my dad Vong Kong?" I buried my face in my hands and had a good laugh. I have no idea where she gets this stuff.

1 comment:

  1. all i can say is LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!! ;) this is one of the bests posts EVER. :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.