2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Sunday, November 8, 2009

This One's for the Boys!

It was all about the boys in this house last week. On Tuesday, November 3rd, Zach officially saw the end of football season with the team banquet. Mr. Griffee, Zach's line coach, referred to Zach as a "yes sir, no sir" kid and stated that Zach does everything he is asked. hmmm...Could those coaches coach him on cleaning his room? Zach is seen here with Coach Griffee. His coach was not the only one to offer a nice compliment to Zach over the last week. A mom from school stopped me to tell me that Zach always allows the ladies to get on the bus before him in the morning, and she tells her girls that Zach is the type of guy you want. Andy was stopped at church today by yet another mom who told him that Zach gave a very nice prayer for lunch at school recently...we never knew he even did that. His lunch room is a rather crowded place, and Zach revealed that he stood on a chair to get every one's attention to pray. Apparently, this is a job normally performed by a high schooler.

The sometimes great, sometimes not so great part of having kids in two different school systems is that sometimes the schedules do not match. On Thursday and Friday Wyatt and I were out of school while the rest of the crew had to attend. We spent those days making up for lost time. Thursday's schedule included an oil change, a vacuum cleaner purchase, and an appointment to have two couches cleaned. I also re caulked one of the bathtubs, so it was not so much fun. However, we made up for that on Friday. Because Wyatt missed his field trip to the pumpkin patch, I agreed to take him on Friday. First, he had to visit the surgeon, and we got great news....no surgery until next summer at the earliest. WOOHOO!!



We then headed to the farm only to find that post Halloween, nothing but the market is open...no petting zoo, no playground-nothing. I got one fun picture and then we...

headed to the zoo. I felt like we would never get out of the van, but we were able to see this bird up close.


Wyatt got to see a snake eat a meal (sort of). The snake was taking it's sweet time with that, and we gave up. He then got to pet a snake, and we have proof!



The zoo sells nectar for the lorakeets, and I thought Wyatt would enjoy feeding them. The only problem was that the zoo raised the price, and exact change is now required. This meant that I could not buy the promised nectar. However, a very kind gentleman bought an extra and gave it to us. ah, the kindness of strangers...Wyatt was afraid of the birds at first. He never fed them, but eventually, the caretaker convinced Wyatt to give it a try as you can see.




Before our day was over, we were able to see kangaroos up close and the baby elephant playing. It was a beautiful day, and I think Wyatt thoroughly enjoyed it.




1 comment:

  1. THE LAST PIC and the third to last (wyatt and the bird) are definitely my faves!!!! that last one of you two - PRICELESS! did you get your hair cut? i love the brown sweater too! well heck, you just look great kiddo!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.