2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Friday, November 13, 2009

The Dancing Diva Turkey

After sending two kids through kindergarten at the same school, we are well-versed in this school's kindergarten traditions. One such tradition is the decoration of a turkey--a family project. Julia's turkey was due today, and this girl definitely has her own, strong opinions about school projects. First, she adamantly insisted on pipe cleaners and glitter. What were we going to do with pipe cleaners and glitter? I pushed hard for a mosaic and thought beads would be very nice. She pushed equally hard against such a thing. Finally, we reached a compromise. We used construction paper to create a mosaic on the head, feet and part of the body, trimmed this part with pipe cleaners and covered it with glitter. I know that we have finished the turkey with feathers one other time but can't remember if we did that for both Zach and Savvy. When the project was complete, Julia dubbed it "the dancing diva turkey." This is the one part of Julia that is all girl...the gaudier, the better. She does not play with dolls, really not even toys, but she loves glamour. So, approximately $12.00 spent on a kindergarten project. The result...priceless? Go ahead and click on the picture, so you can see the full, glitter and feather effect.

2 comments:

  1. wow!!!! that is some turkey alright! ;) julia deocorates the way i do - only my whole house looks like that. eek! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allie,
    You crack me up...love you Girl.
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.