2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Friday, September 18, 2009

figuring it all out

It has been crazy busy here, and I have much blogging to do and many pictures to share, but I will simply try and organize my thoughts here with a few bullet posts.

  • Zachary continues to play and love football. Recently, he earned an offensive tackle position. He loves playing the defensive line and was thrilled with the opportunity to play on the offensive line too. Unfortunately, it is much too tiring to do both, so he is back to just the defensive line. In his game this week, one of his opponents said that Zach is the strongest player he has ever had to face. Wow!!... such a nice compliment and great sportsmanship from that player
  • Savannah --After a rocky start to school, Savannah has finally settled in to the routine. She is making new friends and enjoying school more each day. Field hockey keeps her busy. She played three games just this week and got to try her hand at goalie in two of them.
  • Wyatt--Knowing English greatly helps Wyatt to actually like school this year. He is anxious to learn and proudly spelled "September" for me just the other day. Wyatt still eats constantly and has run out of food money at school because he was eating breakfast at home and at school every day and buying extra items at lunch. We have ended that little spree for him as he got busted big time when the notice arrived indicating that he had no money left in his account. There were some lies on his part that needed to be addressed, so this has not been pleasant, but he is learning. Wyatt plays soccer and is anxious for the last game and a trophy.
  • Julia is also playing soccer, and school is going rather well for her. I will conference with her teacher this week and get the real scoop, but Julia seems to like being a big kid. I will leave you with one of my favorite recent quotes from Julia. "I can't sleep because my cough keeps waking me up to play."
I haven't forgotten the blog and will return soon with pictures. Andy and I are hanging in there and reflecting on the fact that last year at this time, we were in a much more difficult spot, so we are grateful for the reprieve even as life continues on twists and turns that aren't always fun and pleasant.

1 comment:

  1. this overeating must definitely be a chinese thing...;) haha! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.