things get very busy as we face end of the year wrap-ups. I recall the days when Zachary's swim team would wrap up practices (3 or 4 days a week) in early March, and I would think that the rest of the year would be so much easier-ha! That never happened. Instead, we seemed busier. This week we had a last band concert, a preschool celebration, and an AHG Court of Awards ceremony. The band concert and preschool celebration fell on the same night, and Andy had another obligation. Yep, that ended up being one of those rare occasions where we got fast food.
In the above picture, Julia is with Miss Sherry, and to the left she is with Miss Kris. Her preschool celebration included a small kindergarten orientation. Miss Kris says that Julia is ready to bust she is so anxious for kindergarten. Julia received her summer reading folder for the library program at school, and she can't wait to get started. I am, however, a bit sad about this milestone being reached. Preschool is my favorite stage, and I want to slow this down a bit.
Zach is pictured right after the concert. I couldn't get good concert shots.
At the end of the week, we had a most idyllic day. Since it is Memorial Day weekend, there was really not much scheduled this weekend. On Saturday, we cleaned house which was a bit stressful because there was some considerable lack of cooperation. However, we then went as a family to the pool which opened this weekend. We only stayed an hour, but I think everyone enjoyed that time. I, of course, did not get into the pool as it is my rule to stay out until July (too cold). We then came home, and the girls played in the sprinkler while Andy grilled a delicious supper which we topped off with banana splits. It was so nice to just enjoy being together for the day. I want many more days like this, and we had planned more of the same today, but I took a long nap and then Andy and I shopped for Julia's birthday. We came up with nothing as is usual on our first trip out to shop for a birthday or Christmas.

During the family time of grilling, I tried to get a family life picture for a contest where Chinese children adopted into American families submit photos depicting either their reaction to school or family life. I don't plan to use this photo and doubt that I will come up with a good one to submit.

Always the ham, Julia wanted some photos of her spinning talent which she does with chipmunk cheeks. I do hope for a trip to the zoo or to the pool tomorrow. Zachary has wrestling, and it is my turn to drive, so I will have a long afternoon ahead as that is a four hour committment.
At the end of the week, we had a most idyllic day. Since it is Memorial Day weekend, there was really not much scheduled this weekend. On Saturday, we cleaned house which was a bit stressful because there was some considerable lack of cooperation. However, we then went as a family to the pool which opened this weekend. We only stayed an hour, but I think everyone enjoyed that time. I, of course, did not get into the pool as it is my rule to stay out until July (too cold). We then came home, and the girls played in the sprinkler while Andy grilled a delicious supper which we topped off with banana splits. It was so nice to just enjoy being together for the day. I want many more days like this, and we had planned more of the same today, but I took a long nap and then Andy and I shopped for Julia's birthday. We came up with nothing as is usual on our first trip out to shop for a birthday or Christmas.
During the family time of grilling, I tried to get a family life picture for a contest where Chinese children adopted into American families submit photos depicting either their reaction to school or family life. I don't plan to use this photo and doubt that I will come up with a good one to submit.
Always the ham, Julia wanted some photos of her spinning talent which she does with chipmunk cheeks. I do hope for a trip to the zoo or to the pool tomorrow. Zachary has wrestling, and it is my turn to drive, so I will have a long afternoon ahead as that is a four hour committment.
Let me just add that had we not had 2 weeks off of school because of weather this year, we would be finished with school right now, but alas, such is not the case. Everyone except for Wyatt and I finish this coming Friday. Wyatt finishes on the 3rd, and I finish on the 5th. Julia is going to go an extra week since I am not yet finished, but it is more like summer camp than school that week. We are in the final stretch and striving to finish strong!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.