As I mentioned in a previous post, I am preparing to co-host a baby shower. Today, Julia was wearing a skirt that is one of my favorites, and I asked her if she would like to wear it to the shower. I wish I had her response on video. "What?! We are going to wear clothes!? Is it a real shower?" oops, I guess I didn't fully explain the concept of a baby shower
In other news, I have started a project. Wyatt's lifebook from China was put together in one of those plastic covers that you probably used for book reports when you were a child. Well, as you might recall, they don't actually hold the paper together all that well. I knew we would need to remedy this in order for the pages to last and to be in some kind of order. My plan A was to buy page protectors and slap all the pages into a notebook. However, I decided on plan B which is to tear the thing apart and scrapbook it. It is a simple project as I am trying to maintain the Chinese writing and the integrity of the original. Where possible, I am copying the text onto colored cardstock and then putting the pictures on the pages and writing in the translation. If the original text is too faint to make a nice copy, I simply cut it out and tape it onto the scrapbook page. I am using simple borders and a few stickers to make the pages nice, and I am soooo very excited to be scrapbooking again. Wyatt is also happy about this. He told me the first page I did was "cute" and that he liked it. He shopped with me and was very excited to see this project get started. Getting him to understand just how long this will take is another story. I have scanned less than half of the pictures for his website, and there are 77 pictures scanned so far. You can imagine what a project this will be, but it will be so much fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.