So as governors around the country are phasing us gradually back to normal (hopefully). We have some phasing of our own going on here. I realized after I started this whole project that the paint color would not work with the unpainted inside of the glass front cabinets. That meant more painting. I am glad to have done this because I love the contrast of the light gray against the dark gray. That light gray will eventually be the color of the walls, but I think I need to finish the school year first. This project has taken a full month. I am a stickler for letting paint cure, and I have noted on my calendar that I can return items to my open shelves and to the area under the sink on May 30th - 30 days after they were painted. The glass front cabinets can have items returned to the shelves around the 23rd of June though I admit that yesterday I did line that top shelf that was painted almost three weeks ago with paper plates and returned light-weight glasses to it.
We had all the glass replaced with seeded glass. I had a hard time visualizing it,but I really like it. Now I spend every day looking for spots that need touch ups and touching them up and battling everyone on closing the cabinet doors - again phasing in when those doors can be closed without causing more touch ups to be needed.
In addition to phasing the kitchen gradually back to normal for us. I have also been phasing my workouts back in. I have now completed four Jazzercise classes via Facebook Live since my injury that sidelined me at the beginning of February. Today Savannah came home, and five of us (minus Julia) enjoyed a 5.5 mile hike. Working from home on a screen all day has added a new challenge of carpel tunnel syndrome, but my doctor thinks we can easily knock that out.
Even so, I am very aware that this pause was the only way this kitchen project could have realistically happened. What I thought would take a week took a full month, and I don't have a big kitchen.We do still have to paint the walls. I am not sure I want to return to what our normal was. I want to phase in more time to complete the projects that end up on the back burner around here. I do realize that life in the next few months will be busy. I have kids in very busy stages of life and am preparing to move one of them eight hours away at the end of summer.
I am concerned about what school will look like in the fall, but I am regaining hope that I will be cheering on a soccer player from the stands and that I will maybe cheer on a runner too as my youngest two wrap up their high school years.
While I wanted to honor our fallen military members today, it seemed odd putting up my wreath that quotes "land of the free because of the brave" especially when I don't feel so free right now. Anybody else? I am well aware though that those who died in battle did grant us freedom. May we never take it for granted. Yes, I did hang the wreath.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.