If anything can go wrong, it will - Murphy's Law
Can I just vent for a minute? Let me recap the week thus far.
On Sunday night Andy returned from grocery shopping and parked his car on the street because I was going to be first out on Monday morning, and he was saving me from the car shuffle that often takes place in the morning. He failed to lock his doors, a rare mistake. At approximately 1:25a.m. Zach woke us and said, "Somebody's in your car, Dad. The light is on, and I can see them moving around." Andy bolted out of bed but was unable to catch the perp. He didn't have anything valuable in the car, so nothing was taken. Zach filed a police report, and thus started our week.
On Monday evening, I started tacking down some embellishments Julia wants on her homecoming dress, and ended up with very noticeable rust stains on the dress. I cannot get them out and have re-ordered the dress. Did I mention that I fired myself from dress shopping with her last week and told her that Andy will be doing this from now on? Yes, that's how frustrating it was to find the dress which is not long enough, but we did the best we could. I wish I could sew, but my grandma (an excellent seamstress) tried to teach me and that went about like trying to learn to drive a stick shift. I was unteachable.
On Monday evening Wyatt casually asked how much of the PSAT he would be missing on Wednesday for his orthodontist appointment. This appointment was difficult to get, and we are on a firm timeline gearing up for a major surgery, but you cannot make up the PSAT. So I went to work today and called the orthodontist office to ask if we had any hope of getting Wyatt in another day this week. We had made up our minds that the orthodontist appointment was more important than the PSAT but had just had a conversation about how we really needed the PSAT to help us gauge Wyatt's current progress in school. So yeah. The orthodontist office was more than gracious in accommodating us, and we scrambled our schedules on the hardest workday for Andy to miss and managed to drop Wyatt off and then return to pick him up after his procedure.
At that point I figured we had had three stressors, and while I didn't dare say things would start looking up, I felt that I could at least stay positive. People deal with much worse. In fact I have a friend who has every reason to feel discouraged right now, but she stays positive, and I just love that about her.
Last week was insane with Julia playing three soccer games, so a friend from a nearby neighborhood whose son also runs XC drove Wyatt home frequently last week. I offered to get the boys tonight. They did not practice in their usual Tuesday location, and Wyatt left his phone in Andy's car today. So I arrived at the wrong park and waited. Said park is not exactly close to the correct park. When Wyatt borrowed a phone to notify me of my mistake, I high-tailed it through some intense traffic to get to the boys. T and his family probably rightfully think I am a total train wreck - not so far from the truth. I guess this is par for the course for someone who lacks common sense.
So tonight I will study the Word, enjoy a glass of wine, and watch "This is Us," and it had better be a much happier episode than last week. Buh Bye, Murphy! Take your law and get out of town.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.