2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Sunday, September 23, 2018

It's been a minute

I'll be back, but life is just so busy right now.

Just a little recap:
I committed in August to make no new commitments for a month that rivals Christmas in extra activities, meetings, etc.  I failed to communicate this to Andy who made one commitment for me which wasn't a big deal, and the month was as insane as ever.

I thought I would catch my breath in September, but two jobs, two kids in different fall sports, and a work schedule that has been the most intense in years has left me pretty drained.  I had a really challenging week the week before last and looked forward to last week as a breather, but that was not to be.  I missed the fact that Julia had two games on the schedule, one of which conflicted with a meet for Wyatt which also conflicted with a practice for Andy.  Fortunately, that all occurred on a day Zach has no classes.  Then we followed that week with a  very busy weekend, and tomorrow I head into an intense work week.  So crazy we are.  I have definitely been depending on friends to help get my kids to everything.  We all lean on each other, and I am so fortunate to have that help.


We've had some fun. I hope to remember all the hilarious quotes from Ira when he and Regan came to watch Julia play soccer.  

We've had some stress.  A monsoon this weekend brought the reminder that our roof leaks and needs to be addressed. A drawer broke from the refrigerator, and I can't find a replacement. The other drawers are on their last legs, and we have a broken door shelf, so I am extremely disappointed that it looks like, a not so old fridge, is going to have to be replaced- buyer beware - it's a Kenmore side by side - never again!  I should have done laundry today as I have quite the pile and have an extra work meeting sandwiched between my two shifts tomorrow, but I spent the afternoon coloring in my Inspire Bible and looking for replacement knobs for the two that have broken off the China hutch I inherited from my parents.

We did have a really nice visit from Andy's mom and his sister this weekend.  They came to see him play drums at a local church.  He's been getting more opportunities to play and is loving it!

Andy's mom brought us a beautiful, engraved silver tray to celebrate our silver anniversary.  It was when I placed this in the China hutch that I found the second broken knob, both of which broke off the same drawer, so I have to fix that situation in order to open the drawer.  

Anyway, not expecting to catch my breath soon as this week will be worse than the week prior to last.  It's all just part of life.  I am praying hard that I can get coverage for my Saturday shift so that I don't have to miss Zach's best friend's wedding.  I have had it on the calendar and been looking forward to it for months but had no say in my work schedule.  I have asked everyone and even offered to work most of the shift if someone can just work the last two hours for me, but nobody is available. This inability to get coverage is a first for me.  Please join me in praying for that.  I will get off work at the time the wedding starts, so I will be able to head straight to the reception to celebrate this terrific couple, but I really hate to miss all they planned for their special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.