2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Christmas Break Art

As is typical for Savannah when she gets some downtime, she gets creative.  This piece was based on a photo she took during a school trip to Chicago.  The buildings were drawn using ink.  She then painted the background (skyline) which was a full page and then merged the pieces using Photoshop where she also added the reflection of the buildings on the river for an impressive mixed media piece.  

God has put more talent in Savannah's pinky than I have in my whole body.  When I want to just ask where did she come from?  I have to remember that Andy is a pretty talented visual artist.  His sister is an amazing artist - actually owns her own fine art business, and his mother is an art teacher. Dianna (Andy's sister) recently did a piece inspired by the statue of David that is totally amazing.  Savannah has some talent from my side of the family too. My dad could draw.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.