So seven years of joy in this tiny girl - some highlights below
- She was reading by the time she was two. One would think that she would love school, but she could take it or leave it. She once told her mom that she would just stay home and help with the house.
- I remember that she did not adjust well to preschool at church. I was serving in the nursery one weekend and rounded the corner to find Regan and a couple of other kids in the hallway with the director. I asked Regan what she was doing out there, and the director looked at me and asked, "you know this child?!" This was not a warm, fuzzy question. She was clearly frustrated. You can't hold this one against Regan. I know another girl who did not adjust well to preschool at church, and she turned out just fine-love you, Savannah-;). Later, the director said with astonishment, "she can read!". Yeah, I knew that. Regan's kindergarten teacher would express the same shock a short time later.
- Regan loves to swim. She learned how this summer. I truly wish I could sponsor her and her brothers for a swim team. I think every kid who likes the water should spend a couple of summers on a swim team. It's a life skill, but unfortunately, it's pricey to pursue that sport.
- Regan's life began as my mom's life was ending. In her seven years, she has lost both of her paternal grandparents and an uncle on just one side of the family. While her young age gives her a bit of a buffer on the pain of that, the love that her grandparents had for her is irreplaceable.
- Regan is a good listener and an obedient girl. She tries to keep her rowdy brothers in line, and while they may be younger, she is smaller.
- She's far more beautiful than a picture depicts. My dad used to talk about how beautiful she is, and she really is!
- One more thing- she loved and complimented me on my blue nail polish this summer. I even painted her nails with it, and you guessed it, I made sure she got a bottle of her own for her birthday:)


No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.