2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Monday, January 11, 2016

Brand Sparkling New

Kinsley became a big sister today.  I think she might have been less than thrilled.  However, the rest of us happily welcomed Kallie Rose. She arrived at 11:04a.m. weighing 9lbs. and 6oz at 20.5 inches long.

We are so thankful that Kallie arrived safely as the cord was wrapped around her neck twice.

Savannah and I met her tonight. Kallie slept soundly for our entire visit.  She did not even do that small eye open that babies do, so we did not even get a peek at her eyes.  We plan to return on Wednesday when she is cleaned up more and hopefully more alert.  I learned tonight that they now wait 12 hours to bathe newborns because there was a theory that newborns would be able to regulate their temperatures better if they were not bathed so soon.  Practice seems to be proving that theory, and Kallie arrived on a very cold day.  In fact, she was in fleece pajamas when we arrived because John and Tessa said she had been shaking and seemed cold.

Congrats to John, Tessa, and big sis, Kinsley!






Meeting Grandma

The oldest and youngest girl cousins on my side of the family met today.

My initial thought is that she looks like my grandma Jewell.  I don't think she looks much like Kinsley, but in a few weeks she will look totally different, and I suspect she will end up looking a lot like her momma.

Can you even believe that hair!? Wow...just wow!  Logan and Isaac had comparable hair, so that might come from my side of the family.

Kallie arrived almost to the hour one day before the fifth anniversary of my mom's home going. I think Mom knows all about her, and celebrating Kallie will be a nice way to take the sting out of that hard day.

New life is so precious and affirming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.