2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Winter Ball

 The annual Winter Ball is being held tonight. As I type this, my teens are dancing the night away.

The theme - Great Gatsby


Savannah's hair is too long, thick, and fine textured for a true 20's style, so we opted for vintage Hollywood.  Tiffany worked hard on this.  She had at least three hairstyles almost complete that were all torn down for various reasons before settling on one that she, Tara, Savannah, and I all agreed worked.

We bought the dress last summer.  In order to meet school standards for dresses, we shop year round.  We found another good one just last week, so she is set for the next formal dance.


Savannah met several girlfriends for dinner before heading to the dance.  In my opinion this group is simply stunning.

Yes, I am THAT mom.  I went to the dance to get a couple of pictures. The girls were so sweet to cooperate, and I have already emailed them to Savannah so that she can share.

My biggest goal for going to the dance was to get a picture of my kiddos together at Zach's last Winter Ball.  All the seniors had to purchase tickets regardless of whether they attended.  This dance is a fund raiser for their class to raise money for the senior trip.  In the coming weeks, we will get Zach's balance on his account and finish paying for the trip.  They have to wait on that amount until the proceeds from this dance are tallied.

I wanted them to have the pros take a picture at the dance, but they both adamantly refused.  Neither was willing to give up party time to wait in line for pictures.  sigh

such good sports

I barely saw Zach today.  We went to my Dad's house so that Tiffany could do Savannah's hair.  Zach was still at work and already gone to meet his friends for dinner when I returned home after dropping Savannah off.

While  I would have loved to get a picture of Zach with his buddies, some of whom he has been with since elementary school, I did not want to cramp his style.  One of the teachers gathered this group for this shot, so I jumped in for a chance at it as well.  I do not know the boy in the middle, nor do I know the girl in red, but my blog followers probably recognize Zach's friend T.  
In honor of the dance theme, I went vintage for the photo that started this post.  I know I am biased, but I think she looked lovely tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.