I hosted my first Thirty-One party and made my first Thirty-One purchase. I love my new purses and tote. I splurged because I knew I had an extra check coming. Yes, I am a purse girl.
I went on a service field trip with Savannah, possibly the last one as field trips are few and far between in high school. sniff, sniff
We celebrated Valentine's day with chocolate, flowers, and pajamas for me along with our family tradition of cupcakes. Andy and I usually buy the kids those $1 heart shaped boxes of chocolates. This year we both bought them on separate shopping trips, so the kids were doubly blessed.
I managed the social calendar of Julia which included two birthday parties, a playdate, and lots of practice for a talent show. She follows the tradition of her siblings and brings children we love into our lives.
I was so blessed on Sunday to celebrate Savannah's return from the middle school Believe conference. We worshipped in our youth building which is way cool and then took Savannah out for ice cream that evening to get the details of the trip. Cool things included her statement that this year Believe was 100X better than last year. That deserves a big WOW!!! She felt God's presence in the first gathering, and much to her dad's delight, she only saw the relentless flirt from school once :) I call this particular boy the equal opportunity flirt as it seems he flirts with everyone and will probably pursue the first one to bite. Believe me, he sounds harmless and fun.
Sunday brought further blessings when we visited another church campus to watch one of Julia's bffs get baptized. Lucy was baptized by her big sister, Haley. We have known Lucy her whole life as she arrived the year her mom taught Zach's second grade class. Haley was a fourth grader then, and she has grown into a beautiful 18 year old. In fact, Julia also helped decorate for Haley's surprise birthday party this month and hung out with Lucy and a bunch of high school seniors for the night.
Last but not least, I spent Sunday afternoon celebrating the mutual blessing of an orphan finding a home and a great family welcoming a new child. My friend Iva, who has longed to adopt for as long as I have known her (longer than she has been married or had children) will leave in a couple of weeks to bring Piper home, and if God is willing, I will meet her at the airport.
February has been good.
I didn't know you are friends with Iva. I've know her since I first started at SECC. We kinda lost touch but have reconnected a little recently. So excited that they are going to get their daughter soon!
ReplyDelete