As the clocks don't stop, and as life would have it, Zach's football banquet is scheduled for tonight. It fell between losing Mom and her funeral last year, and I imagine that it will be associated with this anniversary until he graduates or until Christ returns whichever comes sooner.
Thursday, January 12, 2012
The Awful Anniversary
Today marks one year since I last talked to my mom, last looked in her eyes, and held her hand for the last time. So today will be the last that I wear the bracelet in her honor that I have worn almost everyday for several months. I may wear it on occasion in the future but not daily. More than likely I will pass it on to one of my sisters. Tomorrow I will change my Facebook picture. It has been a picture of Mom and me when I was a toddler (see below) for most of the last year. Today I will remember my mom. Today I will try to grasp how it can already be a year, how I can still laugh out loud on occasion, and how much I really miss her. I will remove the symbols of grieving and may or may not replace them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.