Andy and Julia attended the Father Daughter social at Julia's school last night. They had a fabulous time.
After six years of attending this social with Savannah, Andy learned to be ready with flowers for his special date. Julia insisted that her hair be fixed in the same style as it was for Jonathan's wedding, so we met Tiffany at my parent's house for the style. I had to work last night...not sure what is up with that as I requested the night off. My manager was kind enough to allow me to arrive late so that I could see Julia off to the dance. I also requested next Friday off, but I am also working that one. Thank goodness for family as Tessa will take Julia to her AHG sleepover next Friday, and I will arrive after work to finish the night and to participate in the morning activities with her.
One of my sisters ordered Julia to strike this pose.
I have to share the story of the dress. Julia has her own ideas about clothes. If she shops with me, we will not agree on the clothes we buy. I have learned that if I simply bring the clothes home, she will like them. However, I did have to let her pick a dress for this occasion. She has been a good sport and worn an old dress of Savannah's for every fancy occasion for the last year. We hit e-bay too late to get the dress here on time, so Julia and I had to brave the mall. I once found a beautiful dress on clearance at a store that is typically out of our price range for Savannah. After trying a couple of stores with no luck, Julia and I went to this store. Nothing worth buying was on sale, but the prices were just beyond the budgeted amount, so I let Julia try on a few dresses. Some of them were vetoed before she headed to the dressing room because they were too grown up for a six-year-old. I absolutely loved one of the dresses she tried on. It was black with white sash with beaded butterflies. The skirt was trimmed in white. It was little girlish enough for my taste but mature enough for Julia's taste. Julia knew I loved it and rejected it outright. Can you imagine what she will be like as a teenager? I should buy stock in Tylenol right now. I thought this purple dress was a little too grown up, but Julia chose it. I think the sparkles sold her on this one. When we went to the counter to buy the dress, I expressed that I really liked the other dress better, and Julia stated, "you don't know about fashion!"
| She was most excited about the chocolate fountain and almost turned down her favorite meal...a beef 'n' cheddar from Arby's because she figured she would fill up at the chocolate fountain. |
| This game is lots of fun, but I cannot say that I understand playing it in dressy dresses. |


No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.