2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Out of the mouths of babes

I used to be good at journaling the silly things my kids say. That was before there were four. This is my current journal, so I am sharing some of my Facebook posts from the last month.

December 15th (2 days before Wyatt's birthday)
Wyatt's birthday is on Thursday. He keeps pointing out that we haven't bought anything and that it is easier to do these things in advance.

December 19th
Julia wrote her own song today. The chorus was something about how we all had our own things to do. She followed that with, "I am a gymnast. Wyatt is a wrestler. Savannah is a mather. Daddy is a drummer, and Mommy is a cleaner." Julia got distracted and didn't finish so I don't know if Zachary would be a wrestler, footballer, or maybe a sleeper.

December 23rd
conversation today with Wyatt. Wyatt: Do dogs have meat? Me: Yes Wyatt: so if we want to eat the meat, we have to shoot the dog and clean off the meat. But, we don't want to shoot our dog. Me: no ... after a few minutes... Wyatt: Do I have meat on me" Me: Yes Wyatt: Somebody would have to shoot me to eat the meat on me, but I don't want to be shot. --No, Buddy, I don't want you to be shot.

December 25th
18! That's the number of pairs of socks that Julia got for Christmas. Since she has a knack for losing things, especially socks, I think we are good for 18 days now. Beyond that, there are no guarantees.

December 26th
Wyatt to Julia: When you are a grown up you will have to go to the hospital. That is where you will have a baby. I won't go to the hospital because I am a boy, and boys don't have babies. Julia's response: I am going to adopt from China.

a note about Savannah
All of the kids received several pairs of socks in their stockings. In fact, Santa even left extra pairs in the sock basket. Savannah told me later that when she saw all the socks in her stocking she liked them, but she did not see a gift from Santa under the tree for her. Savannah wondered at that point if she had been too bad this year and Santa saw socks as something to give the bad kids. Savannah doesn't actually believe in Santa. However, I was a little sad to hear her reaction. Because of my four kids, Savannah is the most willing to help around here, the hardest to shop for because she is almost always content, and a total sweetie. Of the four of them, she would be the last one to be overlooked by Santa for being bad. Fortunately, she found her gift from Santa- a watch and field hockey ornament, and all was well. I have to admit that the socks were not a big hit all around, but what can I say? Santa was trying to help me out this year.

1 comment:

  1. Santa did the same thing at our house this year. My kids got socks and underwear as well as dental floss, toothpaste and hair bands in their stockings(RLC got those, not Alex LOL). Sometimes Santa just needs to be practical. Hope you had a wonderful day! We're off for round two at Trae's Dad's and step mom's and Tuesday we'll celebrate my birthday - we're splurging and going to PF Changs. See you next week.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.