2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Sunday, February 22, 2009

I don't want this to sound like bragging but...

I was headed in to school one day this week to pick up the girls. Mr. Morgan, Savannah's teacher, stopped to tell me a story about Savannah as I headed toward the gym to retrieve her. For those of you unfamiliar with our school, I must give a little background. Almost every year, the classroom teacher gives out biblical awards to the students based on their observations of that student throughout the year...some examples include the "Paul" award for perserverance or the "Abraham" award for obedience. For his fifth grade class, Mr. Morgan had his students choose four awards for themselves. He asked them what they would like their legacy to be and to choose those awards that they like. Now, I have no idea what Savannah chose. After this part of the assignment, they were to take the list of awards and match them up with their classmates. Savannah and only one other student were in the classroom one afternoon while Mr. Morgan was looking over these classmate awards, and he was finding that the students were overwhelmingly choosing Savannah for the awards which he believes are the top biblical awards. So...he called Savannah to his desk and shared this with her (reading off what the class had written), and her response amazed him. She blushed and said, "it's nice of them to say that." In Mr. Morgan's opinion this was the perfect response. "She's perfect." - he says.
Savannah is certainly not perfect, and I could end this post by pointing out some of her flaws, but she is a sweetheart, and this kind of information makes a mama proud.
--and I almost forgot, that very night I went home and found an e-mail from one of Savannah's classmates' moms...she said that her daughter really struggled with choosing the right award for Savannah because so many of them fit. WOW! -Often when people compliment my kids and say things like they are sweet, I will jokingly respond that "of course they are, they take after their mom." I can't do that on this one. Savannah did not get this from me.

1 comment:

  1. That's wonderful! What do you mean she didn't get it from you?! I don't think you're giving yourself enough credit, mom!! Congratultions on having one very special daughter!! You deserve to be proud!!!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.